In general: We avoid doing things that will wreck the earth. We choose quality over discounts. We believe people deserve a fair wage no matter where they live in the world.
We're more concerned with where diamonds come from than tiny differences in clarity and color (that you'd never notice anyway). We re-use tape if it’s still sticky.
In particular: the materials we use...
- recycled and reclaimed silver and copper
- ethically sourced pink and white Argyle diamonds from Australia and re-purposed Harmony recycled diamonds from Hoover and Strong
- re-purposed heirloom jewellery
- ethically sourced Pure New Zealand Beach Gold (which has a really cool story you should read about here)
- regular gold mined in New Zealand and Australia
- 100% recycled gold, platinum and palladium from Hoover and Strong
We support these organisations and contribute to them financially each year.Ethical Metalsmiths Forest and Bird Amnesty International The Brook Waimarama Sanctuary