If you're paralysed by the thought of choosing the perfect ring design for your loved one but want to pop the big question, we've got the perfect solution, introducing our gemstone proposal box!
We offer the option for you to select a beautiful diamond or sapphire to propose with and then you can choose the perfect ring style to have the stone made into together with your fiancé. We have these special gemstone proposal boxes which are handmade from sustainably harvested wood here in New Zealand. Inside is a special silver gem case to hold your chosen stone, keeping it safe and secure while still showing off its beauty.
This is a great option if you are undecided about whether to go with the bezel or claw set style or can't decide which metal option your partner would prefer, it also means we have a better chance of getting the size perfect first time.
How this service works:
- We'll work with you to select the perfect stone for your proposal and we'll quote you a price to have the stone made into one of our standard designs.
- To receive the stone you just pay a 50% deposit of the quoted price for the finished engagement ring.
- After the deposit has been received we'll place the order for your stone from our supplier. As soon as it has arrived in the workshop we'll package it up in our special gemstone box and send it to you ready for your proposal.
- Once you've finalised the ring design and you're ready to have the stone made into your unique ring we'll send you an invoice for the outstanding amount. When the ring is made we'll swap the gemstone box out for a ring box to hold your new ring!
A few things to note when choosing your stone:
- The minimum size stone we use is 3mm for a bezel set and .5ct for a claw setting.
- Because we purchase each stone to order we don't usually offer returns or exchanges so be sure to choose carefully. Diamonds are almost universally happy-making and suit all skin tones where as our colourful sapphires can be more personal taste.
- For more info on choosing a stone check out our Engagement Ring Buying Guide.
If this option sounds like the perfect solution for you just get in touch and we'll work through all of the details with you.